Wednesday, March 27, 2013

eccentric pattern + bright colors.




This is one of my favorite dresses. It's cinched at my waist and flows outward - perfect for my pear shaped body, which is usually hard to please (for real!). I'm also really into leg warmers right now. My mom got me this pair and I think they're pretty much the cutest things ever: they have tiny bows on the side and they're bright red for an edgy pop. 

There's a lot going on with this outfit, but I think having one pattern with the three other solid colors allows it to all work together in a spunky way. I know mixing and unmatching patterns is in right now. I'll admit, sometimes I'm afraid of adding color when I'm wearing an eccentric pattern. I've found that if I add other pieces that are solid, I can still get away with pops of color. Hope this may help someone else out there!

Oh, and it was flurrying while I was taking these: seeing the tiny specks show up made me smile.




jacket, H&M // dress, Forever 21 // tights, from Walgreens // leg warmers, unknown // boots, MIA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day. Keep living in love. xx.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...