Monday, February 11, 2013

healthy orange juice recipe... for dessert!










I'm not much of an orange juice drinker; sometimes it's just too acidic for me. However, my mom made the delight above for me when I went home the other week and I devoured it. It tasted - straight up - like dessert and I was pretty much licking the inside of the glass at the end. Plus, it looks amazing served in a flute glass for an after dinner treat or brunch in. And... it's healthy packed with vitamins and all natural. Booyah!

Give it a go yourself for 2 servings:
2 medium oranges
1/4 cup water
3/4 cup ice cubes
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract or add vanilla beans (secret ingredient!)

Blend 'em all. Serve and enjoy! Try blending in different fruits (bananas, mangoes, strawberries...) for various flavors or add whole berries in at the end for sweet garnishes.


2 comments:

  1. sounds delicious! i will have to try it!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummm! this sounds so good! so glad I stumbled upon your blog! new follower :)

    Saralyn

    www.studiomaisonblog.us

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day. Keep living in love. xx.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...