Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Rockin' the Jasper Wave.


Heyoh! Here's how I rock the Jasper Wave necklace (made from silver plated chain, Chinese turquoise, red jasper & amazonite) with a beachy oversize top, cuffed DIY shorts & peep toe shoes. Oh, and I got bangs...! 

These shorts are an easy DIY that I learned how to make from my beautiful friend, Sophia Osbourne...


I took an old pair of jeans that no longer fit. Put them on and mark with a sharpie where you want to cut them. I suggest making them about 3 inches longer than you want the finished product. You can always cut more, but it's not as easy to add length! Take them off and lay them on the floor. Cut (using fabric scissors if you have 'em) a straight line where you marked with the sharpie. Put them on and roll them up from the bottom. Booyah! Recycle the old into brand spankin' new shorts.

I love how this necklace has a tribal feeling with the bibbed jasper sections. It reminds me of a trip I took to Arizona with my family as a kid. There were Native Americans selling jewelry by the roadside - truly exquisite handmade pieces made with turquoise and other colored stones. This piece is now on sale in my shop for Labor Day among the rest of the sale! Get it while you can...

xx. Jillian
necklace, my Remedy // tee, Roxy // jeans, thrifted // rings, gifts & a hair tie // shoes, Rocket Dog from TJMaxx

4 comments:

Thanks for making my day. Keep living in love. xx.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...