Friday, March 16, 2012

Responsible (& chic) picks from asos.

Fashion & humanitarianism work together. When I see it being implemented, I get really crazy excited because I don't see why the two wouldn't go hand in hand. When I found out that asos has a section of clothing called the Green Room "with a social & enviornmental ethos", I was pretty psyched (still am!). Most of it is relatively expensive, but I've found some products below that are decently priced & pretty amazing. Hoping to get my hands on one or two in the future. My boyish chic picks:

1 backpack // Diggin' the teal backpack, especially for spring fever. This bag was made from Canvas by Baggu: "With a “just the product” philosophy, Baggu look to simplistic design and durable fabrications to create their bag collection."
2 dress  //  This Johann Earl dress is adorable. The polka dots & that peter pan collar are stellar. I also love how the outfit is already boyish chic - a dress with kicks & that menswear-inspired satchel. It doesn't get much better. Oh wait, except it does because this dress is made from vintage fabric making it environmentally friendlier (& more unique).
3 striped top & 6 peasant top //  I'm a sucker for a boat shirt (because it makes me think of Paris), especially when it has a socially responsible backdrop. Both of these tops are made by People Tree, who supports local artisans by using & promoting organic cotton. And both of these tops are lovely.
ring & 5 cuff  // I'm loving the washed out ruby color of this ring that looks like a raspberry Popsicle (can you tell I'm in a summer state of mind?). I'm also really feeling the shape of this elongated cuff - too cool. Even more, though, I'm loving that this jewelry comes from an African workshop & is created by Made. Made creates job opportunities for their Kenyan employees. 

Which one's your favorite from the Green Room?
Keep living in love & happy Friday!
xx. Jillian


P.S. They need to get a Green Room started for men over there at asos. Did I miss it somewhere? I'm going to try to do a menswear version of sustainable products next week for my dudes!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful sense of style and lovely posts! Would you like to follow each other?
    xoxo,
    Fashionhypnotised girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by sweetie, would you like us to be friends and follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sustainable business. And I love it even more when it comes in the form of adorable clothing. Kind of like that striped shirt. Bah, awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the mint green backpack! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day. Keep living in love. xx.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...