Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Design for humanity.



Water changes everything. It does. It's totally something that I take for granted in my everyday life, whether it's for showering or cooking pasta or brushing my teeth. I hardly ever realize how much water I really use and how easily accessible it is to me. I turn on the faucet & boom: it's there. No walking ten miles for one bucket or pumping a well to receive it. 

I truly realized this last year through researching & watching films by charity: water, an organization that builds water wells for people who have no access to water. And it's a lot of people. I'm really looking forward to creating an event through my Remedy geared towards donating money to charity: water in the near future. If I am so blessed to have water, I want to find a way to bring others water, too. (By the way, charity: water came up with this awesome idea that instead of asking for presents for your birthday party, ask people to donate money to the cause. Pretty sweet.)

All of the above to also say that this is one of my all time favorite tees. I love graphic tees that have a positive message. I've worn this shirt so much it's starting to get that rippled effect throughout where the fabric is starting to wear off (and I'm going to keep on wearing it). Billabong created this top with the tagline: Design for Humanity. That's awesome. Heck yes, I want to design for humanity! If I'm going to be a walking billboard for a clothing company, I want it to be a positive message that I'm rockin'. I really hope to see more of this from big name brands in the future.  


Do you know of any brands designing for humanity?
xx. Jillian

P.S. It was over 70 degrees yesterday. Over 70 degrees. I am so happy that summer is coming & sunshine is here. If there was any day to rock fuschia lipstick, it was yesterday. 

shirt, Billabong // jeans, bullhead // flats, Jessica Simpson // cuff & hematite bracelet, my Remedy // friendship bracelet, made by my friend // rings, unknown

6 comments:

  1. Less than 1% of the water on the earth is freshwater. Definitely something we take for granted! lol, on the other hand, cute outfit :)

    xo Rachel

    glamhampton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. is that a tattoo or a painting in your feet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this shirt - and everything you said is just so so true. thanks so much for your wise words xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. visiting from much love illy!! new follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was recently in whole foods and guess what I saw..clothes! Clothes with a purpose. They even had TOMS shoes. How sweet is that?!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to work for charity: water. Let me tell you, that place is so legit. 100% of donations go directly to providing water for people that need it! I have never been more impressed by a non-profit.

    I'm so glad you are supporting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day. Keep living in love. xx.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...