Monday, February 13, 2012

What to wear for Valentine's Day // Guest post by Catherine

I wasn't able to go to the IFB Conference last week, but I was able to watch it on live stream (which was awesome & saved me $100) & participate in the live chat with other bloggers who also weren't able to make it in person. I had the pleasure of talking with some fun ladies who share a similar love for fashion as I do, so we decided to help each other out with some guest posts. Today, Catherine of Indulgence is Simple sent over her guest post. Hope you enjoy it below! 

Check out my guest post on her page here about DIY gifts for your friends for GALentine's Day.
xx. Jillian

-----


Hey guys! I'm Catherine, author and creator of Indulgence is Simple.  I know way too much about flying, farming, and fashion.  My blog is a diary of my outfits and lifestyle routine of a fashion obsessed college gal.  I've always loved love, which makes me obsessed with the chocolate, cheer, flowers, and everything to do with everyone's favorite holiday, Valentines Day.  Although all the love in the air is nice...we both know what I look forward to the most: dressing up.  Whether it be with your girlfriends or your boo, don't be afraid to rock heels and sequins this Tuesday.



top, jacket, lips (russian red), 

girlfriends night out: karaoke. wine night. tacos and margaritas. card night. movie night (the vow). cookie exchange. or just plain go out.

This year, when you're tearing up the dance floor or at the karaoke bar, wear a casual outfit where the ensemble still shines with or without the jacket.  A fun tank that can stand alone or with the rockin' sequins is the way to go this tuesday! ...and since you're with the girls, wear the fake eyelashes loud and proud! 


night out with the boo: bowling. movie (the vow). make dinner together. get take out and cuddle up in comfy pajamas (here). hit up the downtown. go to a game. video game (mario kart) night anyone?

With the boo, I would go with sweet and subtle make up to compliment a feminine dress or top.  I'm all about statement pieces, so I think the collared top or bright necklace is the way to go! (P.O.C.) 

Thank you so much for the Valentines Day guest blog!  I hope you all check out my blog and continue to subscribe to boyish chic! 

Happy Valentines Day! 
xoxo,
Catherine from Indulgence is Simple

5 comments:

  1. she's adorable! i love her jacket.

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that white lace dress with orange necklace!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome picks! I found your guest post and came here! didn't regret!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog
    P.S. I'm your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. All lovely ideas! Wonderful! :)
    hope you had a wonderful val's day!
    xo
    Missy
    http://www.popofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form?

    I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having
    problems finding one? Thanks a lot!

    my blog - www.christianlouboutinoutletshop2013.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day. Keep living in love. xx.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...