Thursday, February 2, 2012

Summer dress, winterized.


I got this dress while I was in San Diego last July. The pastel/cotton candy colored stripes remind me of summertime & carnivals. It brings some sunshine to this winter, so even though it's sleeveless, I still wanted to be able to wear it & put a different spin on it. So I decided to wear it with a comfy sweater, these merlot tights & cozy boots. The sweater & boots make this feminine dress & braided updo a bit more boyish, which balances the outfit out for me.


I tried something new with my hair using this hair tutorial from TBD. It was easy to get going, but I totally suggest you have a double mirror set up (which I didn't) or someone help you in order to see where you're pinning up the braids to tuck in the ends. This came out a bit way messy but, it was fun to do & it felt whimsical! That's what matters, right? Haha.


The necklace I'm wearing, which I also made.
Went to a yarn warehouse with my mom (the Knitting Ninja - haha) for my Remedy & had some fun...
Hello, spring! 
Comfy.
Made some friends. Haha!
xx. Jillian

sweater, tag's gone // dress, Urban Outfitters // necklace, my Remedy // leggings, Hue // boots, DSW

12 comments:

  1. your hair looks amazing! you did such a great job!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks lovely! I tried real hard -_- haha! You made my day.
      xx. Jillian

      Delete
  2. I would never think to do something like this! I need you to show me how to dress! hah

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE!!! & i lovveee that necklace! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that dress! pastel colors are so fun and will definitely be great for spring and summer. I love your wing necklace too! That's so cool! Cute blog girl! <3

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  5. where are u with all those poufs (sp?) that looks comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your boots!

    run-style-run.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color of your tights and I've been dying to do my hair like that as well but I'm not sure I can do it. I love the way it looks on you so gorgeous!

    $100 Shopbop GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youu!! You should definitely try it... If I can do it - you can do it for sure! :]
      xx.

      Delete

Thanks for making my day. Keep living in love. xx.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...