Thursday, January 26, 2012

sushi & jewelry.

Weird combo, right? Haha. Went out to sushi last night with some of my friends who I got to know really well when we led a youth group together a couple years ago. Really great memories & a truly amazing group of people to hang with. Not to mention, the men of the group rock some pretty sweet menswear!

Gregg is a watch fanatic! He always has on the coolest ones.
Love this one mixed with his leather bracelets. Awesome.
Mike has a few staple pieces that he rocks all the time... annnd he just added two my Remedy bracelets to the collection (top right wrist & bottom left wrist)! Lookin' good, bro.
I personally really dig men's jewelry when it's on the more natural, gritty/rustic side. For instance, woods, natural stones, leather... I've been trying to work a lot of those into some men's pieces for my line, minus non eco-friendly leather (although it's crazy hard to find an alternative; if you know of one, pleeeease drop me a line!). I love the surfer/rocker look on most guys & I'm trying to bring that vibe through in my collection. Gregg & Mike nail it up above! Nicely done, guys.

Gonna be honest: I went to dinner straight from my dance workout so I did not have time to prep. Threw my hair in a ponytail, reapplied makeup & threw on red lipstick - instantly kicks an outfit up a notch without much fuss. If you're ever short on time & want to add some punch, lipstick is the way to go. Plus, I was wearing a boyish, cowgirl button down (& making weird faces) so I needed to chic it up a bit. Hahah.
Threw on some bracelets (some I made for my Remedy & others were gifts) & over the knee, black boots to make it a little bit more feminine.
Carol & me at the restaurant.
What do you think about jewelry on men?
xx.

EDIT: Forgot to include this awesome photo of Gregg & Carol! My bad.


18 comments:

  1. I love your man's cuffs! I've been trying to get mine to rock those but no go. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with trying!! Haha. It's not for everyone though :] xx.

      Delete
  2. the red lips make it!

    www.montesYmills.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :] I think so too! Thanks for commenting, xx.

      Delete
  3. great blog, i love boyish style! I see tattoo, what is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool accessories!! Keep on doin great blogging!

    Love, Ania

    http://aniaanialysis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the leather bracelets. So unique and awesome.
    :)

    www.bottledcreativity.blogspot.com

    Truly, Callie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the jewelry! =)

    pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great photos, you look super cute!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Men's accessories really are cool, and I agree, I love the natural looking kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks beautiful! how fun! New fan from Megans giveaway! #100 baby! :)

    The Foley Fam Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAYY!! Still so happy & thankful about this. xx.

      Delete
  10. LOVE YOUR BLOG, VERY VERY CUTE!!FOLLOW ME ON GOOGLE FRIENDS AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO FOLLOW YOU BACK <3
    XOXO
    A_C'EST MOI
    LAMODEOUICESTMOI.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like you had a blast!!

    http://xoxo-carolinalove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Natural looking accessories for men are always the best looking! Love your red lipstick too :) Newest follower!
    xo
    Missy
    http://www.popofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day. Keep living in love. xx.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...