Tuesday, January 24, 2012

snowbunny style.

Photobucket

This week it finally snowed! Yessssss! So happy. Famous last words, right? Haha. I figure if it's going to be cold, it should snow. Unfortunately, it turned to rain & now there's no snow left... which means it should be 75 degrees out & we should all be at the beach. Can we speed up this cold?!

The snow was really beautiful, though. I feel like the world is so peaceful & calm right after a good snowfall. I'm always taken aback by it - this time while I was shoveling the driveway. It was just silence all around me. It's also so pretty to just look out at it from a comfy spot on the couch, curled up in a blanket. Mmm.. love feeling cozy.


Last week I also finished my ring in jewelry class. This ring is 100% handmade (other than the stone/druzy in the middle). I made it out of brass & fine silver bezel wire. Started with flat metal, then cut it, soldered it together, shaped it to be round, made a bezel for the stone & soldered the two pieces together. Finished it off by polishing it... for a loooong time.

www.myRemedydesign.com
I designed the band to start thin & then get wider under the stone. I'm really happy with how this piece turned out. It's nowhere near perfect, but for my first stone setting on a ring, it works for me! I wanted to learn how to set a weird shaped stone so I picked this teardrop shaped, purple druzy. It adds a great color pop, too. I'm really loving this class & working with my hands/learning how to solder & make stuff. It's pretty awesome & I'm thankful I'm able to take the class.


I'm able to play off the baby pink of this sweater with a more 
boyish, deep green & blacks. Really diggin' the color combination.
head wrap, my Remedy // sweater, H&M // tank, Therapy
jeans, bullhead // boots, had 'em for a long time!
This head wrap was hand knit by my Mommypie. She rules! 
She started making these just for fun, but they have been 
requested by several people so we're now taking custom orders 
& we would LOVE to design one custom for you.
You can pick your colors (for the band and the flower, as well as buttons on the back)!
Email me to order: myRemedydesign@gmail.com
Hope you're having a stellar week so far,
xx.

24 comments:

  1. that ring is gorgeous, & so are YOU!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the ring! Loving your GIF and that cute knit head wrap!! I wish hats were my thing :/ I need to grow my hair out first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm, what?!?! obsessing over that ring, so very gorgeous! and you are just so precious girl. we finally got some snow too, but i'm kind of hoping it sticks around for a little bit longer :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely i enjoy checking out this blog!

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :] Makes my day to hear that! Thank you, xx.

      Delete
  5. i LOVE that ring!
    You're obviously really good with your hands when i'm so NOT :)

    I do love snow too but the only thing we've got this year in Paris was rain rain and more rain!


    I've just organised my first giveaway, so feel free to join :)

    http://cansouplover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Ahh, but you're in Paris! That trumps ALL else! xx.

      Delete
  6. Aw - that ring is SO pretty! Love your hat & your red nails too - so cute :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow i cant believe you made that ring! that is gorgeous!


    love from San Francisco,
    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are sooo cute!! i love that ring really pretty, good job girlll!!!

    xo's

    - teeney

    http://christeeney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teeney :] That means a lot! xx. Jillian

      Delete
  9. beautiful ring! www.casualglamorous.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the photos, your look, the layout of your blog, just everything!!

    I was wondering if you'd like to check my blog and/or follow each other. If so, please do let me know so I can also follow you on Google Friend Connect :)

    Love, Dani
    http://mystylesmysmiles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. this ring is so nice :)
    have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that ring and that nailcolor! Gorgeous! :)
    xo
    Missy
    http://www.popofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely ring!!
    and fun pictures too
    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are too cute! love the GIF and that ring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day. Keep living in love. xx.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...