Thursday, December 15, 2011

Minneapolis thrifted.

In my trip to Minneapolis last month to visit one of my besties, we scored this stellar, houndstooth Escada jacket. I did have to leave a towel behind to fit this baby in my luggage, but it was so. worth. it.

I've been aching for a houndstooth piece for a long time now, but never found the right fit. This jacket fits me like a glove. It also has shoulderpads & was super clean (I'll admit, I'm not the best thrifter; sometimes I get overwhelmed in a store or nervous about cleanliness). Even the pockets were still sewn shut! Oh, did I also mention that this jacket was... $20?! YEP. Absolutely amazing. I'm smiling thinking about it.

Naturally, for me, this jacket is pretty feminine so I had to match it up with some other pieces that are more edgy to balance it out. So, here we go: Escada meets my Remedy meets Johnny Cupcakes.


 

Photobucket



Photobucket
Haha! I had to include this. Makes me laugh hysterically every time.


jacket, Escada // tee, Johnny Cupcakes // jeans, Bullhead // shoes, Converse //
 amber ring & cuff, my Remedy // sunglasses, Betsey Johnson via TJMAXX

xx. Jillian

10 comments:

  1. Wow this jacket is amazing, looks like it was made for you! It looks fabulous dressed down this way too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the coat! i'm a new follower from Gentri's!(:
    xx-memory
    southernpinky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. why are you SO cute! all those moving pictures are my favorite!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, ladies! <3 You all make my day.
    xx. Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the little gif of you running! made me giggle :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous find - this is a perfect example of why I love thrift store shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness i love this. especially the last photo! gorgeous.
    tobeperfectlybrunt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha those moving pics made me smile! New follower over from Gentri's :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great thrift find! Love the animations as well haha

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day. Keep living in love. xx.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...