Thursday, December 8, 2011

home office style.

Getting dressed for work helps wake me up, makes me feel less lazy AND it's fun. Because I work from home, I don't get out all too often during the week. Why should that deter me from my muse of fashion?! It shouldn't. I treat work at home as if I were working not at home (mostly). Plus, if I don't get dressed & hang out in pjs all day, I end up feeling groggy.

cardigan, Mossimo // top, Delia's // jeans, Levis // booties, Rocketdog
Spent the past week cramming design for this upcoming week's holiday gift shows. Woo! Been quite a week & it's not over yet. Like I've said before, I like to be comfy when I work, especially designing jewelry because I end up sitting in weird positions & huddled over for hours. It can get crazy uncomfortable. Above are one of my favorite pairs of jeans. Granted, the rips are pretty ridiculous now - they started out smaller & now they're just gaping holes, but I can't help it... I love 'em so! The slouchy cardigan I'm wearing is super silky & comfortable. It's not the most figure flattering piece, but it's nice for lounging or working. 

I'm totally diggin' these cowgirl booties. They're a reddish tone (in person) & I can dress them up or down, which is perfect. They're a good staple for working & then going out at night right after work - hey, I might work at home, but that does not mean I have any more time! Hahah. I just really think they're cute & fun. 

Photobucket


What's a staple shoe for you?

Back to work for me. TGI(Almost)F. Even though I'll be working all weekend,
it'll be worth it - I hope! :]
xx. Jillian

5 comments:

  1. Hey Jillian! I just found your blog and I love it:) Those Rocket Dog booties are great! My sister owns a pair and I LOVE borrowing hers! I just became your 10th follower. Hope you can visit 4scarlet.com and follow back and let me know what you think of my blog, it's a new adventure and I definitely need all the feedback I can get:) XO

    real budget, real busy, real body fashion:
    4scarlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boots are truly gorgeous! <3 and I love love love your side braid!


    x
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you're so good to get "dressed" for work at home. I freelance so most days find me in my little home studio as well, but I usually just wear jeans and a sweatshirt. Not very exciting but it's warm and comfortable.

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.

    Heather
    The Style Confessions

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day. Keep living in love. xx.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...