Wednesday, December 21, 2011

casual holiday party dress.

I hardly have occassions where I get to really dress up. But, I love dressing up so I make it happen by taking a fancier dress & dressing it down to fit with whatever I'm doing. Plus, it also makes me feel more comfortable (because we all know I can't be too dressy, anyways).


Last weekend, my amazingly kind neighbor invited my family to his holiday party. He's really into trains and is part of an association in NJ so he had his party on a retro train car. It was awesome! They refurbished the cars to look exactly like the originals so they had to specially mold the hand rails and bring in vintage carpeting (which was from an old movie theater). It was sweet.
My dad inside one of the cars.
Sweet retro print.
The dress code for the party was seasonal casual. I don't really know what that means so I dressed how I would dress for a holiday party and then added on my booties & a jean jacket to dress it down a notch. You could do spin this in a totally different way & wear flats with a cardigan or moccasins with a sweater over the dress. It worked out because I felt seasonal aka dressed for a holiday party, but also casual enough that I could wear this outfit for everyday or work.






Photobucket

What have you been wearing to your holiday parties?
xx. Jillian

3 comments:

  1. that is such a sweet dress, love the bow!

    <3 steffy
    http://steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the boots with that dress ;) Great way to add some fun to the ensemble!

    XX,
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is awesome...love your style!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day. Keep living in love. xx.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...