Monday, November 21, 2011

Boyish Chic in Minneapolis: Part 1


Last weekend I flew out to Minneapolis to visit my freshman college roomate & one of my best friends, Kaitlyn. Sometimes I think I went to college at Syracuse just to meet her. Maybe that sounds cheesy - but I believe in that sort of thing. 

Kaitlyn designs for Target (basically, she rules.) & moved out there about a year ago. I've been meaning to go visit & I finally had the chance to. Visiting her was soo much fun. We had such a blast being spontaneous, shopping, oogling over more street/vintage fashion & dancing around Minne. Haha! It's the first time in a long time that I didn't spend part most of the weekend working - sometimes you just need some time to unwind, especially with a good friend...
The gorgeous Kaitlyn in her boyish chic style: 
motorcycle jacket, plaid oversize, leggings, some bling & killer boots.

Boots: Target.

Necklace: Urban Outfitters
 


Hahaha, her impersonation of me.

Drink of the weekend (before we discovered hot toddies): 
La Croix from Target. I mean, look at that pink can!
My Boyish Chic style for the day: blouse, teal nail polish, boyish black jeans, coral lipstick.
top & jeans: PacSun - yep! // boots: old school TJMAXX
Kaitlyn braided my hair. One thing I wish I could learn!
hair clips: Missoni for Target.
Loving the colors of this brick wall.
lipstick: Mac // amber ring: my Remedy // large ring: $5 at a small store in SF. // nailpolish: mint candy apple, Essie.




Of course, we had to follow this morning up with a trip to... The Mall of America. This mall was unbelievable & not because it had different stores than my local mall does back home, but because it has a freakin' amusement park in the middle. Like roller coasters that go upside down! Soo crazy. Plus, let's not forget its main claim to fame: it's in The Mighty Ducks. Reason enough to go.

Is this real life?

In front of the Christmas display. Pre-raiding Forever 21 & H&M.

Part Deux, coming soon...
xx. Jillian

2 comments:

  1. Fuuuuun!! I'm jealous! And those motor boots are amazing! Are they at target right now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they?! I don't think so, but I'll try to find out from Kaitlyn! :/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day. Keep living in love. xx.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...