Wednesday, October 19, 2011

professionally boyish chic.


I took photographs over the weekend of makeovers & happy shoppers at Lord & Taylor for a party promotion they were doing. I wanted to dress professionally, but also stay true to myself. I still needed to represent my company & myself. 

I wore this Betsey Johnson sweater that I picked up at the sample sale a few weeks ago. Originally, it was like $250+ & I snagged it at the sale for $54! If you love yourself some Betsey Johnson, I highly suggest following her twitter for updates on sample sales. You can truly snag yourself some killer deals (like I did!). 


Excuse my cheesy cell phone photo. 
I'm totally diggin' these shoulder pads - they're not overly out there, but are still big enough to give the sweater an edge with those girly, blinged out buttons and flared frill at the waist (great to accentuate body curves). I paired the look with black skinny jeans, over the knee black boots, my my Remedy tribal necklace & flourish ring in magenta... & my camera. The necklace fit perfectly with the scoop neck of the sweater. The black onyx works nicely with the loud (awesome) print of the sweater. The ring added a necessary color pop with all the black. Overall, I think the outfit was pretty boyish chic + I felt comfortable & ready to work!

What do you wear when you work it at your job?
xx.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome top from Betsey Johnson, you rock it!

    I'm a seamstress so I could go fairly casual but then I would never get to wear my pretty clothes, so anything goes as long as its appropriate aka. nothing to short, plunging and etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun look! I'm loving your necklace.

    xx Kara
    Sprinkles in Springs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies!

    You can get the necklace here: http://www.myremedydesign.com/product/tribal

    xx. Jillian

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day. Keep living in love. xx.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...