Monday, September 19, 2011

NYFW: like a mood board.

Most of my posts the past week have been about NYFW collections. Okay, okay, all of them have. Trust me, I'm in no position to be purchasing items off of that runway. However! As a graphic designer by trade & a fashionista at heart, I do find that looking at all of the collections is inspiring (& I don't think you have to be a designer to be enlivened!). I love seeing the various colors sent down the runway & how they are paired with other hues that I may not have ever thought about pairing before. It's also an amazing way to see what the newest fashions are & then be exhilarated to go out & find them at cheaper costs or go in the total opposite direction. Overall, my favorite collections that I saw were Christian Siriano, L.A.M.B., Jason Wu, Zac Posen & Rachel Zoe.


What's in for Spring 2012?
- Sheer over opaque
- Blouses
- Menswear inspired looks (yes!)
- Jumpsuits
- Vibrant blue & greenish-yellow
- Bold patterns

Some more of my favorite pieces from the week (all images via NYMag):


Christian Siriano. // It was all perfect. The colors, the tulle, the sheer & opaque - fierceness at its best. I'd like to add it all to my closet! A girl can dream...
Diane von Furstenberg. // Patterning & colors are lovely.
Rachel Zoe. // That bag, that dress, those blazers, the colors... ah! Parisian chic. I'd honestly wear every piece if I was lucky enough to. Epitome of boyish chic right here.
Charlotte Ronson. // That grayish-teal & crimson socks - loving the combo.
Vivienne Tam. // The fringe & the blouses are just lovely.
Zac Posen. // Honestly? These gowns are to die for. I could see each one on the red carpet.  Retro NYC glam!

Hope you're inspired for the upcoming seasons like I am just by looking at these collections...
xx. Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day. Keep living in love. xx.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...